Choosing the right Westchester hospice care facilities
Navigating the complexities of hospice care can be a challenge. Although a challenge, it is necessary when caring for individuals throughout their final journey. We aim to shed some light on the invaluable role that hospice care facilities play in providing support and comfort for those facing a terminal illness. It’s also important to find the best-fit hospice care facilities in Westchester County, NY for you.
Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care offers a wide variety of options and services so you and your loved ones can choose the best course of action for you, whether it is private residence care, a skilled nursing facility, or an assisted living facility.
Understanding hospice care facilities in Westchester
Hospice is a specialized holistic approach to care that emphasizes comfort for those dealing with a terminal illness. The primary focus of hospice care is to support the highest quality of life as one’s journey of life comes to an end.
Unlike traditional medical interventions, hospice care focuses on enhancing the quality of life for individuals facing terminal illnesses. We focus on pain management, symptom control, and emotional well-being.
The role of Westchester County hospice care facilities
Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital and uses this partnership in order to provide exceptional resources for end-of-life care. Each Jansen patient becomes the primary focus of a personalized hospice team, collaboratively working to meet their unique needs and desires.
These are some of the services offered in your own home, in a skilled nursing or assisted living facility, or in a local New-York Presbyterian contracted hospital:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance
- Medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning, with an emphasis on symptom control and pain management
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician, including arrangement for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed
- Certified home health aides
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- Bereavement counseling including individual and group support
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Medical supplies and equipment, as needed
- Therapies – physical, occupational, and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling
- Complementary care
Why choose Jansen among Westchester hospice facilities
At Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care, we prioritize the unique needs of our patients and their loved ones, approaching hospice care with a personalized touch. Serving the Westchester communities since 1984, our longstanding commitment reflects the trust and compassion we bring to every individual facing the challenges of a terminal illness.
Facing such a difficult period requires not only courage, but support. We are dedicated to providing both as we guide you through this journey. Choosing Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care is choosing a partner who understands the depth of the challenges ahead and is ready to stand by your side with endless support.