At Jansen, we offer a range of services including hospice care in the comfort of your home. To find out if you qualify and to get more information, contact us.
Qualifying for Hospice Care at Home in Scarsdale, NY
There are three main situations that primary care doctors resort to recommending hospice care:
- When things have not improved – If treatment is not working and the state of the patient is not improving, the patient may be referred for at-home or inpatient hospice care.
- Care goals have shifted – When a patient comes to the realization that they are not getting better, they may want to continue care but outside of the hospital setting. Many prefer to be comfortable in their home while still receiving care.
- Acute health event – When things like a heart attack or stroke happen, patients may require end-of-life care but prefer to have it spent outside of the hospital.
What to Expect with at Home Hospice Care in Scarsdale, NY
When it comes to at-home hospice care with Jansen, you’re in control. You can count on the hospice team to bring the utmost care to you or your loved one. You can expect…
- The chaplain and social worker to provide emotional and spiritual support (if needed) during this difficult time.
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance, so we are always available for our patients and their families.
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management.
- Individual team members to visit during their scheduled care time.
- Medical equipment to be delivered.
- Any and all medications to be delivered.
- Information to help you manage the patient’s symptoms and illness when our professionals aren’t present.
Read a review from a former hospice care patient’s loved one:
“This place and the workers are truly a blessing. I can never repay them for the help and support that they gave me with my mom. While no other company wanted to take my mom’s case they were the only ones willing to take it. They stood by me thru all the trials and tribulations and I could’ve never done that transition without them eternally grateful”.