At Jansen, we offer a range of services including hospice care in the comfort of your home. To find out if you qualify and to get more information, contact us.
There are three main situations that primary care doctors resort to recommending hospice care:
- When things have not improved – If treatment is not working and the state of the patient is not improving, the patient may be referred for at-home or inpatient hospice care.
- Care goals have shifted – When a patient comes to the realization that they are not getting better, they may want to continue care but outside of the hospital setting. Many prefer to be comfortable in their home while still receiving care.
- Acute health event – When things like a heart attack or stroke happen, patients may require end-of-life care but prefer to have it spent outside of the hospital.
When it comes to at-home hospice care with Jansen, you’re in control. You can count on the hospice team to bring the utmost care to you or your loved one. You can expect…
- The chaplain and social worker to provide emotional and spiritual support (if needed) during this difficult time.
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance, so we are always available for our patients and their families.
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management.
- Individual team members to visit during their scheduled care time.
- Medical equipment to be delivered.
- Any and all medications to be delivered.
- Information to help you manage the patient’s symptoms and illness when our professionals aren’t present.
Read a review from a former hospice care patient’s loved one:
“This place and the workers are truly a blessing. I can never repay them for the help and support that they gave me with my mom. While no other company wanted to take my mom’s case they were the only ones willing to take it. They stood by me thru all the trials and tribulations and I could’ve never done that transition without them eternally grateful”.
To learn more about how our at-home hospice care providers in Scarsdale, NY can help your loved one in their final stage of life call 914-787-6158.
If you’re looking for a hospice provider for your loved one, you want to find the best possible care for them. It can be overwhelming emotionally to look around for the best care and you’ll likely have numerous questions, but the experienced caretakers at Jansen Hospice are ready to help you find a hospice care plan right for your loved one.
Questions You Should Ask a Potential Hospice Provider
- What services do you offer? Different hospice facilities will offer different services and it’s important to find one in line with your loved one’s needs. At Jansen, we offer a variety of services including physical therapies, support groups, spiritual counseling, bereavement counseling, and experienced medical staff.
- Do you offer round-the-clock service? When your loved one is undergoing hospice care, whether at home or in a facility, you’ll want the comfort of 24/7 support as questions arise. We have support staff ready to take your call 24/7 and assist with whatever your needs are.
- Is there support for friends and family members? As your loved one goes through hospice care, they often aren’t the only ones in need of care. Friends and family members can have a difficult time with the transition, but we’re here to help. We offer group therapy, bereavement services, and other counseling services.
What Sets Jansen Hospice Apart
At Jansen, you and your loved one will be treated as part of our family. We’re here to support you in whatever way we can and make this transition as smooth as possible. We are ready to answer any of your questions and meet your medical and emotional needs in the process.
Read a review from one of our past family members:
“This place and the workers are truly a blessing. I can never repay them for the help and support that they gave me with my mom.While no other company wanted to take my moms case they were the only ones willing to take it. They stood by me thru all the trails and tribulations and I could’ve never done that transition without them eternally grateful”
To learn more about how our hospice providers can help your loved one in their final stage of life call 914-787-6158 or click here.