Jansen Hospice Brings Care to You with At-Home Hospice in Westchester, NY
At Jansen Hospice, we pride ourselves on delivering the best terminal care at your home in Westchester, NY. We understand how difficult it is to navigate end-of-life care for you or a loved one. That’s why we value helping you through each step of the journey, making the process as simple and stress-free as can be.
Benefits of Terminal Care at Home in Westchester County
Our hospice care focuses on support for the highest quality of life at home or in our facilities. We define hospice as a special way of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for people coping with terminal illnesses. The hospice philosophy accepts death as the final stage of life; it affirms life but does not try to hasten or postpone death or cure an underlying disease. At-home hospice can make these times easier:
- Comfort and Familiarity: One of the biggest benefits of private home hospice care is that it allows patients to receive care in their homes. This can be a major comfort for patients who are facing a terminal illness, as it allows them to stay in their familiar surroundings and spend their remaining time with their loved ones.
- Personalized Care: Another benefit of private home hospice care is that it provides personalized care. This means that patients receive care tailored to their needs and preferences. Hospice providers work closely with patients and their families to create a care plan that meets their specific needs.
- Family Involvement: Private home hospice care in Westchester also encourages family involvement. Hospice providers understand that the family is an important part of the patient’s care team, and they work to involve the family in the care process as much as possible. This can help families to feel more supported and informed during a difficult time.
- Flexibility: Since you are in your own space at home, there is more flexibility in your schedule. You have the ability to schedule your hospice professionals around your own personal schedule. You also don’t need to schedule visits for activities in the same way as you would in a hospice care facility; rather, you can do whatever you want since you are in your own space.
- Cost-Effective: Private home hospice can be more cost-effective than facility-based care. Families can save money on the cost of care while providing their loved ones with personalized care in the comfort of their own homes.
Jansen’s In-Home Hospice Services
Our team at Jansen Hospice takes a holistic approach to care. Our healthcare professionals are trained to deliver personalized care tailored to meet the unique needs of each patient. They do this through means of pain management, symptom control, emotional support, and spiritual care. Some of our services include:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance, so we are always available for our patients and their families
- Medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning, with an emphasis on symptom control and pain management
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician, including arrangement for medications, supplies, equipment and additional services as needed
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- Bereavement counseling including individual and group support
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Medical supplies and equipment, as needed
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling for our patients
- Complementary care: Acoustic/Music Relaxation, Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Art Therapy, Massage Therapy, Pet Therapy, Reflexology, Reiki, Therapeutic
Why Should You Choose Jansen?
Our goal is to provide you with the support and resources you need in order to feel relaxed for the last bit of your life. We value the relationships we have made and the experiences we share with our patients and their families.
“Jansen made an unbearable experience somewhat bearable. My wife of 52 years went into hospice at home on August 4 and died on August 29 from metastatic breast cancer. The moment we agreed with the doctors to end chemo and move to hospice, Jansen took over. Social Worker Deb Hanley organized everything. Nurse Marcia Roberts was available at all times and made sure that we had all the necessary medicines and equipment before we knew that we needed them. The aides who came to our home every day were all both kind and competent. I had never heard of Jansen before the staff at Lawrence Hospital introduced us. I do not know how to say thank you any better than writing this 5-star review.” – William H.