The Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care team works closely with the patient’s primary care physician to meet the patient’s medical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Services Offered By Our Westchester Hospice Care Teams
Some of Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care services include:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance, so we are always available for our patients and their families
- A medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning, with an emphasis on symptom control and pain management
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician, including arrangement for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- Bereavement counseling, including individual and group support
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Medical supplies and equipment, as needed
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling for our patients
- Complementary care
These services can be offered in one’s own Westchester area home, skilled nursing facility, assisted living facility, or in a local New York-Presbyterian contracted hospital.
Why You Should Choose Jansen For Westchester Hospice Care
Since 1984, Jansen has served the Westchester and Northern Bronx communities in New York. Jansen is affiliated with New York Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital; through this affiliation, we have access to superb resources for end-of-life care.
Jansen works tirelessly to offer the most advanced treatments and medications available to keep patients as physically comfortable as possible so they can enjoy life every day.
We understand that home care can be a difficult but rewarding choice to make when taking care of your loved ones. That’s why Jansen works to help not only our patients but their family members in Westchester.
Reviews For Jansen’s Westchester Hospice Care
Our patients and their families have left several reviews regarding their experiences:
This place and the workers are truly a blessing. I can never repay them for the help and support that they gave me with my mom.
While no other company wanted to take my mom’s case, they were the only ones willing to take it.
They stood by me through all the trials and tribulations and I could’ve never done that transition without them. Eternally grateful.