Surround your loved one with the most caring long term hospice in Westchester, NY
At Jansen’s Hospice & Palliative Care, we treat your loved ones like family. End-of-life care is one of the most vulnerable times in a person’s life, that’s why we are dedicated to delivering quality long term hospice care in the comfort of your home.
We have provided compassionate care and unparalleled service to patients and their families for over 35 years. Our goal is to create a peaceful environment where your loved one can spend the rest of their time in dignity.
Long term hospice care in Westchester County
Hospice is care for patients who are facing life-threatening illnesses and have been given a certain amount of time left to live. The maximum length of eligibility for hospice is 6 months. Patients needing longer care would fall into palliative care, which can last up to several years.
Hospice and palliative care offer similar same services, but differ in the way that palliative care may or may cure the patient’s illness. The goal of long term hospice is not to cure the patient, but to give them quality of life during their remaining time. Long term care can be beneficial in the following ways:
- Comfort and Familiarity: One of the biggest benefits of hospice care is that it allows patients to receive care in the comfort of their homes. This allows them to stay in familiar surroundings and spend their remaining time with their loved ones.
- Personalized Care: Personalized care means that patients receive care tailored to their needs and preferences. Hospice providers work closely with patients and their families to create a care plan that meets their specific needs.
- Family Involvement: Hospice care also encourages family involvement. Hospice providers understand that the patient’s family is an important part of the care team. They work to involve the family in the care process as much as possible.
- Flexibility: You have the ability to schedule the patient’s hospice professionals around you and your loved one’s personal schedule. You don’t need to schedule and plan visits in the same way you would need to in a hospice care facility.
- Cost-Effective: Hospice care can be more cost-effective than facility-based care. Families can save money on the cost of care while providing their loved ones with personalized care in the comfort of their own homes.
Services offered during long term hospice in Westchester County
Each patient will be given a team of expert caretakers who will work together to create a personalized plan of action. We understand every person has different emotional, physical, and spiritual needs so we deliver a variety of services that meet each one. Our long term hospice services include:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance
- Medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- Bereavement counseling including individual and group support
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Medical supplies and equipment, as needed
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling for our patients
- Complementary care
Your care team will utilize a combination of these services to best provide the most comfort possible.