Facing a serious or life-threatening illness requires both courage and support. Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care is here to help. We provide support services for those battling terminal illness at home, in skilled nursing or assisted living facility, or in a local New York-Presbyterian contracted hospital.
For over thirty years, Jansen has provided compassionate care and unparalleled services to patients who wish to live in the comfortable surroundings of their own home, among family and friends, with peace and dignity.
Accessing Home Hospice Care in Westchester
Did you know Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care offers home hospice services for the Southern Westchester area? We offer a variety of services for home care in Westchester.
Hospice care services can be difficult to find and navigate. We provide services to counties such as Scarsdale, White Plains, Mount Vernon, and more!
Understanding Home Hospice Care in Westchester
Hospice care can provide palliative service for patients to manage their symptoms. This helps reduce the suffering and or pain one may feel, while also addressing emotional needs. Our care, and hospice care, aim to provide enhanced comfort and quality of life.
Hospice care not only will support patients with life-limiting illnesses but can also provide help to family members and respective caregivers.
The caring of a loved one in hospice can be an honor and joy, but also very challenging and emotionally taxing. To ease the burden some individuals may feel, hospice allows for support, education, respite care, and counseling to reduce stress and anxiety.
Hospice provides palliative care for patients to manage their symptoms, thereby reducing suffering and pain, managing emotional needs, and providing comfort to enhance the quality of life.
Hospice care not only supports patients who have a life-limiting illness but also provides assistance to family members and caregivers. Caring for a loved one on hospice can be an incredible honor and joy, and can also be very challenging. To ease the burden, hospice offers support, education, respite care, and counseling to reduce stress and anxiety.
Westchester Home Hospice Services
Home Hospice Care contains a multitude of services and programs to compassionate care for you or a loved one in the final days of life. Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care provides various services to help maintain quality of life while in chronic pain or terminal illnesses.
Our Westchester Hospice services can include:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance. This allows for complete availability for our patients and their families, no matter the time of day.
- A medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning. This has an emphasis on symptom control and pain management for patients.
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse. A registered nurse will formulate the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician. This is in including arrangements for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed.
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning. This is in addition to providing emotional support.
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- Bereavement counseling including individual and group support
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Medical supplies and equipment, as needed
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling for our patients
- Complementary care
About Jansen, Providing Home Hospice In Westchester
When facing a serious and or life-threatening illness, one requires both courage and support. At Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care, we are here to help. Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care provides support services for individuals battling terminal illness at home, in a skilled nursing or assisted living facility, or in a local New York-Presbyterian contracted hospital.
For over thirty years, Jansen has continued to provide compassionate care. We aim to assist with unparalleled services to patients who wish to live comfortably in the surrounding of their own home, among their family and friends, with peace and dignity.
Jansen Memorial Hospice opened its doors on January 3, 1984, bringing the gift of dignity and hope to families in Westchester and Bronx counties. For over 35 years, the care provided by our nurses, social workers, doctors, aides, therapists, and volunteers has truly been immeasurable.