Home Hospice In Southern Westchester
Home hospice care in Southern Westchester is easily accessible with Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care. At Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care, you will find caring, understanding, and professional experts.
Home Hospice Services Serving Southern Westchester, NY
Many hospice care organizations focus on providing care in assisted living facilities, nursing facilities, and more. Here At Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care we also offer hospice care in your home. Taking care of your chronically ill family members can be daunting, but with home hospice care you can have hospice professionals help maintain your loved one’s quality of life with expert care.
Home hospice care is something Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care works to provide for all of its patients. The services listed below are offered: in the patient’s own home, within skilled nursing in an assisted living facility, or in a local New York-Presbyterian contracted hospital.
Home Hospice Services, Southern Westchester
Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care offers a variety of professional care services. These may include:
- On-call 24-hour services and assistance.
This is so we are always available for our patients and their families at any time
- A medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning.
There is an emphasis on symptom control and pain management.
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse.
They may formulate the hospice care plan, in communication with the patient’s physician. This is including arrangements for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed.
- Certified home health aides who can provide care and assistance with personal needs.
- Certified social workers who can assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support.
- Offering spiritual counseling for all faith communities.
- Offering bereavement counseling/services including individual and group support systems.
- Specially trained volunteers who can provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers.
- Medications for symptom management and pain control for patients.
- Providing medical supplies and equipment, as needed.
- Providing therapies such as physical, occupational, and speech therapies, as needed, for symptom management.
- Providing short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities.
- Offering nutritional counseling for our patients.
- Complementary care
Complementary therapy, also known as integrative therapy, may be used along with standard medical treatments of care to promote relaxation, increase comfort level, and support a sense of well-being.
Why Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care For At Home Hospice Care in Southern Westchester
Jansen Memorial Hospice opened its doors on January 3, 1984, bringing the gift of dignity and hope to families in Westchester and Bronx counties. For over 35 years, the care provided by our nurses, social workers, doctors, aides, therapists, and volunteers has truly been immeasurable.
Jansen’s personalized approach to hospice care imparts peace of mind during a very difficult and vulnerable time. Helping family members is an essential part of our mission, and our exceptional staff and professionally trained volunteers are available when needed most.
Meeting the unique needs of each of our patients is the focus of the Jansen interdisciplinary hospice team – doctor, nurse, social worker, home health aide, clergy, therapist, and volunteer – who work closely with the patient’s own physician. Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization, licensed and certified as an Article 40 Hospice Provider in New York State, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care serves people living in Westchester County or The Bronx who are faced with an advanced illness with a limited prognosis such as cancer, AIDS, neurological diseases, cardiac diseases, and pulmonary diseases.
If you are not sure if you or your loved one is eligible, please call us – we can help you.
Defining Home Hospice In Southern Westchester
Hospice care not only supports patients who have a life-limiting illness but also provides assistance to family members and caregivers. Caring for a loved one on hospice can be an incredible honor and joy, but can also be very challenging. To ease the burden, hospice offers support, education, respite care, and counseling to reduce stress and anxiety.
Hospice is a special way of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for people coping with a terminal illness. The hospice philosophy accepts death as the final stage of life; it affirms life but does not try to hasten or postpone death, nor cure an underlying disease. The focus of hospice is to support the highest quality of life for whatever time remains at a patient’s “home”, whether it is a private residence, skilled nursing facility, or assisted living facility.
Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance plans.