Hospice Care in Yonkers, NY
Do you or a loved one need hospice care in Yonkers, NY? Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care is here to help you navigate this final phase of life with courage, dignity, and support.
Finding Hospice Care in Yonkers, NY?
Hospice is a special way of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for people coping with terminal illnesses. The hospice philosophy accepts death as the final stage of life; it affirms life but does not try to hasten or postpone death, nor cure an underlying disease. The focus of hospice care is to support the highest quality of life for whatever time remains at a patient’s “home”, whether it is a private residence, skilled nursing facility, or assisted living facility.
The Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care team works closely with the patient’s primary care physician to meet the patient’s medical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance plans. Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care has hospice care services in Yonkers, NY that are dedicated to providing the utmost care both mentally and physically to all of its patients.
What Services Are Provided For Hospice Care in Yonkers, NY?
Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care provides a multitude of services for chronic illnesses, pain, and or other symptoms. The Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care hospice program is designed to help you and your family members feel cared for and looked after by professional medical care.
Services can include but are not limited to:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance, so we are always available for our patients and their families
- A medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning, with an emphasis on symptom control and pain management
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician, including arrangement for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support
Hospice care does not have to be scary, especially when you get the proper care and education on what to expect from hospice care services. Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care makes sure to provide the proper medical assistance in all locations, such as Yonkers, NY.
Where Cant I Get Home Hospice Care In Yonkers, NY
Jansen has served Westchester and Northern Bronx communities since 1984 and is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Through this connection, we have access to superb resources for end-of-life care. Jansen offers the most advanced treatments and medications available to keep patients as physically comfortable as possible so they can enjoy life every day.
Hospice patients in the Yonkers, NY area can take solace in knowing themselves or their family members are being medically and professionally looked after by a trained hospice team.
Why Choose Jansen For Hospice Care in Yonkers, NY
The hospice staff of Jansen recognizes and respects the fact that we are guests in the lives of our patients and their families at a very vulnerable time. We work with you to ensure plans are carried out on your own terms and enable patients and their families to take back some control in the face of a terminal illness. We are here to help.
Premium Hospice Care in Yonkers, NY
Jansen Hospice & Palliative Care provides a multitude of Hospice Services to the Yonkers, NY area.
- Routine Hospice Care – Hospice care provided in the patient’s home or place of residence, including skilled nursing and assisted living facilities.
- General Inpatient Hospice – Hospice care provided in a hospital. This is a short-term bene!t used when a patient’s symptoms cannot be managed in any other setting.
- Continuous Care – Time-limited benefit offered during a crisis. An LPN or RN remains with the patient for 8-24-hours to provide continuous monitoring, assessment, and medication administration to achieve comfort and relieve the crisis. It must be approved by the Hospice Patient Care Coordinator and Medical Director.
- Respite Care – When patients are transported from their home to a Medicare-approved facility for up to 5 days to allow the primary caregiver respite (rest) from the daily stress of caring for a loved one.
To learn more about how our hospice providers can help your loved ones, call 914-787-6158.