What To Expect From Home Hospice Care in Westchester
Hospice is a special way of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for people coping with terminal illnesses. Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care provides home hospice services for the Westchester area, ensuring all patients are treated with dignity.
Why Choose Jansen For Westchester Home Hospice Care
At Jansen, we believe life should not be defined by one’s terminal illness. Jansen makes sure each patient lives life to the fullest until the very end. To make this possible, Jansen uses an interdisciplinary approach to hospice care and customizes programs for our patients to meet their unique medical, physical, emotional, spiritual, and cultural needs.
Jansen has served Westchester and Northern Bronx communities since 1984 and is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital.
Through affiliation, we have access to superb resources for end-of-life care. Jansen offers the most advanced treatments and medications available to keep patients as physically comfortable as possible so they can enjoy life every day.
Top Quality Home Hospice Care Westchester Services
Services from Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care can include services offered in their own home, in a skilled nursing or assisted living facility, or in a local New-York Presbyterian contracted hospital.
Services that we can provide include:
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance. This is so we are always available for our patients and their families
- A medical director will be responsible for a patient’s overall medical care and planning, emphasizing symptom control and pain management
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician, including arrangement for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed
- Bereavement counseling, including individual and group support
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling for our patients
- And complementary care
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
Maintaining Quality Of Life at Home Hospice Care in Westchester
Jansen takes great care of their patients in their final days, ensuring our hospice programs meet the needs of all patients. Our care teams can assist both patients and their loved ones.
Our care team works closely with the patient’s primary care physician to meet the patient’s medical, emotional, and spiritual needs. We also offer complementary therapy, known as integrative therapy, which may be used along with standard medical treatments of care to promote relaxation, increase comfort level, and support a sense of well-being.
Reviews About Home Hospice Care Westchester
Our lovely patients’ families have left wonderful reviews. You can read some of the reviews below:
“This place changed everything for my family. We struggled with caring for my mom at home for 5 years and when they arrived it was like angels singing… Our social worker, Jody, and our RN, Violeta, made my mom comfortable and cared not only for her, but for our family as if we were their own. They were kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. I highly recommend them!”
“This place and the workers are truly a blessing. I can never repay them for the help and support that they gave me with my mom. While no other company wanted to take my moms case, they were the only ones willing to take it. They stood by me through all the trials and tribulations and I could’ve never done that transition without them eternally grateful.”