Westchester, NY Hospice: For a Life Well Lived
Jansen Hospice provides hospice in Westchester County, NY for a life well lived.
If you or a loved one are facing a life-limiting illness, you may be considering hospice care. Hospice care can provide comfort, support, and specialized medical attention to help patients and their families navigate this difficult time. Jansen Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care in Westchester County.
What is hospice in Westchester, NY?
Hospice care is specialized care that emphasizes comfort, peace, and pain management for those living with a terminal illness. Often residential hospice care is for those whose terminal illness cannot be managed by the family any longer. This hospice care provides the same emotional, medical, and spiritual care in a specialized facility rather than at-home hospice or hospital hospice.
What services are provided in hospice care?
Our Westchester, NY residential hospice care seeks to provide emotional, medical, and spiritual support. We provide services such as:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance, so we are always available for our patients and their families
- Medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning, with an emphasis on symptom control and pain management
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician, including arrangement for medications, supplies, equipment and additional services as needed
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- Bereavement counseling including individual and group support
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Medical supplies and equipment, as needed
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling for our patients
- Complementary care
To find more specifics on the services provided, reach out to our hospice care administrator.
Why choose Jansen Hospice for residential hospice care?
Jansen Hospice has been a hospice specialist since 1984. For over thirty years, Jansen has provided compassionate care and unparalleled services to patients who wish to live in the comfortable surroundings of their own homes, among family and friends, with peace and dignity.
We seek to support you and your family through emotional, medical, and spiritual support. With our amazing team of professionals, our goal is to make this the easiest and most comfortable process possible.