The Best Hospice in Westchester, NY: Helping You Find Relief
Choosing The Best Hospice Care in Westchester
Hospice care provides care for patients looking to manage their life-limiting or terminal illnesses. Jansen’s hospice care focuses on support for the highest quality of life at home or in our facilities. We define hospice as a special way of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for people coping with terminal illnesses. The hospice philosophy accepts death as the final stage of life; it affirms life but does not try to hasten or postpone death or cure an underlying disease. Our goal is to prioritize you and your family’s spiritual, medical, and emotional needs.
Jansen has served the Southern Westchester and Northern Bronx communities since 1984 and is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Through this affiliation, we have access to superb resources for end-of-life care. Jansen offers the most advanced treatments and medications available to keep patients as comfortable as possible so they can enjoy life every day.
Our hospice facilities can include home hospice in one’s own Westchester home, a skilled nursing facility, hospice at an assisted living facility, or in a local New-York Presbyterian contracted hospital.
Caring for a loved one in hospice can be an incredible honor and joy, but can also be very challenging. To ease the burden, hospice offers support, education, respite care, and counseling to reduce stress and anxiety.
Why Is Jansen Considered One Of The Best Providers Of Hospice In Westchester, NY?
At Jansen, we know that life should not be defined by terminal illness. Through our services, we make sure each patient lives life to the fullest until the very end. We are proud to use an interdisciplinary approach to hospice care, which allows us to customize programs for our patients to meet their unique medical and personal needs in every aspect. Furthermore, Jansen Hospice has access to superb resources for end-of-life care. We offer the most advanced treatments and medications available to keep patients physically comfortable and able to enjoy life.
Jansen not only offers typical hospice services such as medical care, we also offer bereavement services and complementary care. Our team offers extended bereavement services for family members and caregivers and created our complementary care program that provides a wide range of therapeutic services from massage, guided imagery, art therapy, reiki, music, acupuncture, and pet therapy.
For example, the art therapy we offer uses the creative art-making process to improve and enhance the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of individuals of all ages. It is based on the belief that the creative process involved in artistic self-expression helps people to resolve conflicts and problems, develop interpersonal skills, manage behavior, reduce stress, increase self-esteem and self-awareness, and achieve insight.
If you are looking for the best hospice care in the Westchester area of New York State that offers these types of complementary services, Jansen might be the hospice and palliative care provider for you.
How Does Jansen Provide The Best Hospice in Westchester County?
Jansen has a committed Board of Directors with an unwavering commitment to Jansen’s goals. The Board consistently raises capital for unique programs that help Jansen patients and their families.
Some hospice services provided by Jansen can include:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance, so we are always available for our patients and their families
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician, including arrangement for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- A medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning, with an emphasis on symptom control and pain management
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support
Complementary or integrative therapy can be extremely helpful when combined with standard medical treatments to promote relaxation, increase comfort levels, and support one’s well-being.
Jansen Hospice provides the following complementary care options:
- Art Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Acoustic/Music Relaxation
- Massage Therapy
The Team Helping Provide the Best Hospice Care in Westchester
If you are having trouble finding the best hospice care in Westchester, look no further than Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care. Whether it is in a nursing facility or assisted living facility, our staff treat our hospice patients with dignity.
Our team members include:
- A medical doctor certified in Hospice and Palliative Care who works with the patient’s primary care doctor to manage symptoms.
- Registered Nurses (RN) are experienced in coordinating plans of care, pain and symptom management, and more.
- Certified Home Health Aides (HHA) trained in end-of-life care and assistance with personal care needs.
- A Certified Chaplain who provides spiritual care for patients and families.
- On-Call Services with registered nurses who assist with questions and concerns and provide support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Medical Social workers help make sure a patient’s end-of-life wishes are met and provide emotional support to the patient and family.