Expert Home Hospice Care Westchester
If your loved one is in need of palliative care or hospice care, you want to find care that will cater to their mental, physical, and emotional needs. It can be difficult for you, your loved one, and your family to navigate this time in your life but the team at Jansen Hospice can help make the transition as smooth as possible.
Professional Home Hospice Care Westchester
The Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care team works closely with the patient’s primary care physician to meet the patient’s medical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Hospice care supports patients who may have a life-limited or terminal illness, but it also provides assistance to family members and or caregivers. Caring for a loved one in hospice can be an honor and joy, but also extremely taxing. To hopefully ease the burden, our hospice can offer support, education, respite care, and/or counseling to reduce the stress and anxiety.
Jansen’s personalized approach to hospice care imparts peace of mind during a very difficult and vulnerable time. Helping family members is an essential part of our mission, and our exceptional staff and professionally trained volunteers are available when needed most.
Meeting the unique needs of each of our patients is the focus of the Jansen interdisciplinary hospice team – doctor, nurse, social worker, home health aide, clergy, therapist, and volunteer – who work closely with the patient’s own physician. Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization, licensed and certified as an Article 40 Hospice Provider in New York State, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Home Hospice Care Westchester Services
Jansen Hospice Care can provide a variety of services for you or your loved ones experiencing a life-altering illness. We offer services such as:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance. This allows for complete availability for our patients and their families, no matter the time of day.
- A medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning. This has an emphasis on symptom control and pain management for patients.
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse. A registered nurse will formulate the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician. This is in including arrangements for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed.
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning. This is in addition to providing emotional support.
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- Bereavement counseling including individual and group support
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Medical supplies and equipment, as needed
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling for our patients
- Complementary care
What Is Home Hospice Care in Westchester?
If you are unsure if home hospice is the right plan for you or a loved one, Jansen can help define some of the benefits and mission of hospice care.
Hospice is a special way of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for people coping with a terminal illness. The hospice philosophy accepts death as the final stage of life; it affirms life but does not try to hasten or postpone death, nor cure an underlying disease. The focus of hospice is to support the highest quality of life for whatever time remains at a patient’s “home”, whether it is a private residence, skilled nursing facility, or assisted living facility.
Hospice provides palliative care for patients to manage their symptoms, thereby reducing suffering and pain, managing emotional needs, and providing comfort to enhance the quality of life.
We provide home hospice services for the Southern Westchester area, among other places, such as in White Plains, Mount Vernon, Larchmont, Yonkers, and more.
Why Choose Jansen For Home Hospice Care In Westchester
Jansen offers the most advanced treatments and medications available to keep patients as physically comfortable as possible so they can enjoy life every day. Jansen has served the Westchester and Northern Bronx communities since 1984 and is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Through this affiliation, we have access to superb resources for end-of-life care.
Unlike many hospice programs, Jansen has a committed Board of Directors with an unwavering commitment to Jansen’s goals. The Board consistently raises capital for unique programs that help Jansen patients and their families.