Choosing the Right Westchester Hospice Provider for You
Jansen Hospice and Palliative Care provides some of the best hospice care options in the Westchester area.
Services Offered By Westchester Hospice
Hospice is a unique way of caring. It works to emphasize comfort and dignity for people experiencing terminal illnesses. The philosophy accepts that death is the final stage of life, working to affirm one’s life, not hastening or postponing death. It’s also important to note that hospice does not work to cure an underlying disease.
The main focus of hospice is to support the highest quality of life for whatever time remains at a patient’s “home,” whether it is a private residence, skilled nursing facility, or assisted living facility.
Jansen provides the following services in one’s own Westchester area home, in a skilled nursing or assisted living facility, or in a local New-York Presbyterian contracted hospital:
- 24-hour on-call services and assistance, so we are always available for our patients and their families
- A medical director who is responsible for overall medical care and planning, with an emphasis on symptom control and pain management
- Skilled nursing care and visits from a registered nurse who formulates the hospice plan of care in communication with the patient’s physician, including arrangement for medications, supplies, equipment, and additional services as needed
- Certified home health aides who provide care and assistance with personal needs
- Certified social workers who assist with resource and care planning, in addition to providing emotional support
- Spiritual counseling for all faith communities
- Bereavement counseling, including individual and group support
- Specially trained volunteers who provide companionship and assistance with daily living, friendly support, and respite care for caregivers
- Medications for symptom management and pain control
- Medical supplies and equipment, as needed
- Therapies – physical, occupational and speech therapies, as needed for symptom management
- Short-term inpatient and respite care for up to five days at contracted facilities
- Nutritional counseling for our patients
- Complementary care
Jansen’s Westchester Hospice Offers Complementary Care
Jansen also provides complementary care in addition to our basic services listed above.
Complementary therapy, also known as integrative therapy, may be used along with standard medical treatments for hospice services to promote relaxation, increase comfort level, and support a sense of well-being.
Our care teams work to provide emotional and spiritual support, in addition to physical support. This care can include:
- Acoustic/Music Relaxation
- Art Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Pet Therapy
Westchester Hospice: Finding The Best Home Care
Jansen has served Westchester and Northern Bronx communities since 1984 and is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital.
Through this affiliation, we have access to superb resources for end-of-life care.
Jansen’s Westchester hospice program offers the most advanced treatments and medications to keep patients as physically comfortable as possible so they can enjoy life daily while dealing with life-limiting illnesses. Our Westchester hospice care works to provide our patients with peace and dignity while they battle their terminal illnesses.
Reviews For Jansen’s Westchester Hospice
This place and the workers are truly a blessing. I can never repay them for the help and support that they gave me with my mom.
While no other company wanted to take my mom’s case, they were the only ones willing to take it.
They stood by me through all the trials and tribulations and I could’ve never done that transition without them. Eternally grateful.